[SPARCbook] Solaris 2.6

Mike Parson mparson at bl.org
Fri Nov 19 18:02:10 CST 2004

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 02:05:06PM +0000, Chris Hilliard wrote:
> Hi,

> have just got a sparc from ebay, but it has no disks for it. I have
> been told that it should work on solaris 2.6, but i lost the bid on
> the disks.

In particular, if you can't find the Tadpole dist, which is hard enough
to find, you can get by with the HW 5/98 release of Solaris 2.6, but
once you get it installed, download and install the patches and packages
from tadpole.  They give away the drivers and CLI versions of the
programs (display, PCMCIA, power management, audio, etc), but to get the
graphical programs, you need the Tadpole CDs.

> Does anybody know where to get the disks? in the UK would be good.

Ask around, keep checking E-bay, I'm sure someone around here might be
able to help you out.  Might even try asking Tadople directly, they
might be able to lend you a hand.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org