[SPARCbook] SPARCBook2: TOD clock not initialized

Frank DiMambro frank.dimambro at main-man.com
Tue Nov 4 04:43:15 CST 2003

    I wonder if you open up the machine and take the NVRAM chip
out and replace it with one form an SparcStation1, 2 of that might
do the biz. There's a paper floating around the web that helps you
modify the NVRAM bits but you need the NVRAM in a working
machine with OBP to do it. It's also Sun machine specific. Still
of a prom from an SS1/2 works them that's the start to the solution.
    I'm also wanting to put a usable OS onto the SB1/2 but all the
indications from web sites I've found, point out that those guys are
not supported on Solaris 2.5/2.6. I thought okay lets try it anyway  but
the boot image fails to completely load, giving a 'data segment not found'.
I also found that they're not known machine architecture, sun4c, sun4m ...
It could be one of the specific one SUN, 4_50, but so far none I've tested
boot. I'm going to try and get SunOS on it but I'm having difficulty
with that so I'm looking for help there, and I'm hoping someone reading
this can point me in the right direction to make that work.
Of course talking to an audience of Sparcbook experts some of my
observations
could be completely wrong and I'm hopeful someone could correct me.
    Cheers
    Frank