[SPARCbook] SPARCBook2: TOD clock not initialized

Joe Schmittlein jschmittlein at amcc.com
Wed Nov 5 10:04:30 CST 2003

"Robert F. Schaefer" wrote:

> [...]

I don't tend to do suspends.  The time/date survives a power cycle.
Assuming
a good battery in the nvram I'd think a suspend would also work.

The key reason you can't set a post Y2K date from the command line is
the syntax only supports a 2 digit year.

BTW: I believe any Y2K issue would be with the OS, not the nvram.

Also, I didn't mention it, but the target of the rdate needs to be
running a recent OS.  (Should be obvious, but...)

Finally, I was surprised when the rdate worked.  I expected a major
meltdown....

> > Joe
>
> Bob

Joseph Schmittlein             | Applied Micro Circuits Corporation