[SPARCbook] Anybody still use this list?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Apr 15 06:14:49 CDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 12:09:13PM +0100, Ian Spray wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:02:43 +0100
> David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:
> > How similar is the 3000XT to a 3GX?  I'm running Debian on a 3GX so might
> > be able to help.  Although installing Debian on it was no different from
> > installing on any other Sun-a-like.
> The problem could be that the S3000 uses a native IDE drive internally
> rather than SCSI (or IDE with a SCSI convertor).  I've no idea what the
> kernel modules are in the Debian SPARC install kernel, but if IDE's not
> there, then the installer will have trouble.

Given that Debian installs without any effort at all on an Ultra 5 - which
is IDE-based - I'd be surprised if that caused problems on a 3000XT.

We really need more details of what has been tried (and how it failed) if
we're to take this any further.

--
David Cantrell | Benevolent Dictator | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

   o/~ we wish you a merry currency and a happy new euro o/~