[SPARCbook] 3000XT & Debian [was Anybody still use this list?]

Phil Kerr phil at plus24.com
Mon Apr 15 08:24:17 CDT 2002

A-ha, the list springs to life, thanks for the replies!

The 3000xt was the top of the Tadpole/SPARCbook range in it's day.  It's
equiv. to a Sparc 20.  This little monster (full 256MB RAM, 1024 x 768
display) came from Netscape Europe :)

As mentioned below the biggest difference over the 3gx is the drive, it's not
a native SCSI.  But as someone pointed out the Ultra range of Sun boxes use
IDE so this shouldn't be a problem.

I memory serves me right the Debian install barfs when it tries to partition
the disk, under SuSE fdisk just reports that it can't find the drive.

The system itself is running Sol 2.6 fine so the hardware is all ok, but I
*really* want Linux on it, my first exposure to Linux was RH 4.2 on my SS2
and I'm feeling nostalgic :)

I'll try the install again tonight to refresh my memory.

TIA for any help.

Cheers

Phil