[SPARCbook] Re: P1000G docking/connections etc.

d neal wise sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Fri May 18 03:54:55 CDT 2001

On Fri, 18 May 2001, Chris Powell wrote:

> station' I believe). Don't know about the IBM badged thing or the PA-RISC

more unrelated stuff to your unrelated stuff...

the ibm model is called an N40 (i'll admit being an AIX geek as well as
BSD one). my understanding is that it wasn't y2k ready (according to IBM).
I suspect this is because it would've only been supported by some weird
version of AIX 4.1.5 which had y2k patches provided but in an unsupported
way. Given that it was produced externally unlike the RS6k thinkpads (i
think those are the tp 820/830/850/860?) that it might not've gotten
hardware support for AIX 4.2/4.2.1 and AIX 4.3.x (and certainly not AIX
5L).

I only go into this much detail because there was an n40 for sale on ebay
recently. If I still lived in the US I would've tried to buy it. Main
reason I didn't was that it looks *exactly* like my 3GS which cost me a
pile to have shipped from the US to australia when I bought it. Wheee!

this was it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1234588746

this was unavailable due to ebay maintenance as I send this. But when it
is you'll see that it looks *very* familiar to sparcbook3 owners. :)

this is a battery for an N40 that's for sale. I can't see it (again... the
ebay maintenance which occurs during peak hours on Friday evenings in
australia!!!). Anyway I can't see it but it wouldn't surprise me if it
looks exactly like a sb3 battery for those who need them!

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1238644250

I could be wrong (i'll know when the maintenance is over)

regards,

neal
d neal wise - nwise at spy.net
SPY internetworking  -  will network for food
http://www.spy.net