[SPARCbook] Re: P1000G docking/connections etc.

Chris Powell sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Fri May 18 02:45:02 CDT 2001

2711 wrote:

> Hmm, This is slightly off subject here, but here goes.
> I noticed little connector-ma-jiggy`s on the back of my first XP before it died.
> Now I have a new one and I just gotta ask (I'm not an original sparcbook owner,
> praise ebay...) <i>Is</i> there a docking station for the sparcbooks?

Don't think there is - there is no *need* for it (all the ports are already
there, and you can't get at the SBus). The Tadpole P1000/P1300 (I think
there was a P1700 also, perhaps only announced never released) and the
Alphabook had docking stations (the Alpha one was a 'mini docking
station' I believe). Don't know about the IBM badged thing or the PA-RISC
laptop.

Some of the RDI Brightlites did have docking stations - complete with
SBus slots, very nice....

Chris.