[SPARCbook] bootp and sparcbook2

Robert Ramsey sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 27 17:32:32 CDT 2001

Hello,

I know I posted this before about a month ago but I haven't been able to
find anyone who can help me.  Maybe someone new will give this a lookover.

I just recently bought a Sparcbook 2 and even more recently received the
Solaris 2.5 software from Tadpole.  The documentation that came with the
software describes the instillation process for a Sparcbook 3.
Unfortunately, I don't have a CD-ROM for my sparcbook (takes a 36pin scsi
cable).  However, Doing the instillation via Jumpstart shouldn't be very
difficult right?

When I try to boot my sparcbook off the network it's attempting a bootp
instead of a tftpboot.  I've done a lot of Jumpstart setups but haven't run
across any documentation on how to get the system to act like a boot server
via bootp.  Anyone have any ideas on how to get this laptop booted off the
network?

I've using a Sun Sparc 2 running Solaris 2.7 for the Jumpstart server.

Thanks in Advance,

Rob Ramsey

kc8kpx