[SPARCbook] boot failure

Michael Lorenz ml at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Sep 23 08:47:55 CDT 2000

Greetings !

This question may be just a Solaris problem, but anyway: I have a
SPARCbook 3GX which runs Solaris 2.6 HW 5/98, needless to say with all
Tadpole packages and patches installed. Until today the suspend feature
didn't work because the ISDN driver doesn't support this. Today it tried
to suspend and instead of complaining about the ISDN driver it started
to write this CPR file, crashed and tried to reboot. The boot fails
because the kernel thinks it should restore from a suspend and crashes
while restoring memory.
What can I do to keep the kernel from trying to read the cpr file ?

thanks in advance
Michael