[SPARCbook] Patches (any help for SB2 users anywhere?)

BSD Bob bobkey at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Mon Feb 7 15:06:22 CST 2000

> > Hey, what patches do I need to get off of tadpole's site for a new
> > install of solaris?
>
> SparcBook F.A.Q.
>
>    .4. What OS does the SparcBook 3 run and do I need to purchase from
>    Tadpole?

With all this nicety about SparcBook 3 machines.... is there any hope
for us ancient SparcBook 2 users?  Any insights to info, manuals, or
whatever for those ancient 2 level boxes, are appreciated.  It would
be fun to try NetBSD or OpenBSD on them, but last time I tried, it
was a no-go.

For starters.... what is needed ot get the modem working, and what
software/hardware/speed does it run?

Also, how can one get info on maintenance codes for bringing up a
spare machine that is otherwise dead.  I contacted the English end
of the firm, an was not able to find anyone with SB2 experience on
the ``maintenance codes''.  I have the CD's and the dongle adapter
scsi cable, so can boot from cdrom, IFF I can get past those silly
maintenance codes.

Any insights are appreciated.

Thanks

Bob