[SPARCbook] OS Upgrade from 2.4 to 2.6

Ken Hansen sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 7 13:15:47 CST 2000

I also am very happy with R2.6 of Solaris, but I think replacement media
means someone broke your original CD, and you can send it back (the pieces,
I imagine) to them for a new one.

I do not think you can oder a Solaris 7 or whatever media kit, then return
it to them for a Solaris 2.6 or 2.5.1 release though. The only releases
available under their "free" Solaris program have been 2.6 and up, and once
they started shipping release 7, I think 2.6 was pulled from the program.

I could be wrong, these are my impressions and recollections...

Ken