[SPARCbook] Apache server on startup

steve price sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 7 11:46:20 CST 2000

create a file in /etc/rc3.d ....

I called mine S44httpd

here's what in the file:::

#!/bin/sh
#
# /etc/init.d/httpd
# Startup script for Apache/http for topcat
#
# Installation instructions:
#    ln -s /etc/init.d/httpd /etc/rc3.d/S44httpd

case "$1" in
'start')
        /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start
        ;;
'restart')
        /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl restart
        ;;
'stop')
        /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl stop
        ;;
'configtest')
        /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl configtest
        ;;
*)
        echo "Usage: $0 { start | restart | stop |
configtest }"
        ;;
esac
exit 0