[SPARCbook] 3c589D?

Rainer Canavan canavan at cs.bonn.edu
Sun Apr 9 19:02:11 CDT 2000

[...]

> > Are you able to verify that the 3C589D does (or does not) work in the
> > SPARCbook? If it doesn't work I'll will add a warning in the FAQ.
> >
> > Hugo.
> >

> I have not been able to make it work.  There may be some "tricks" or
> something to get it working, but I've not been able to find them.
>
> Kurt

Hmmm... maybe because you're running Solaris 2.5.1? Then I'd guess it boils
down to something like "works with Solaris 2.6 (Dino and Adam), but does not
work with 2.5.1 (me)". Other opinions?

I tried to find some info about full duplex support with the 3c589, but all
I could find on 3com's website was something about the dos Netware packet
driver for the 3c589C, where one has to enable it by hand. Does anyone know
anything about that for Solaris?

Rainer