[SPARCbook] Adding an external SCSI disk to SparcBook.

Colm Donelan (EEI) Colm.Donelan at eei.ericsson.se
Sun Apr 9 10:18:23 CDT 2000

Hi,

Last week I was trying to add an external SCSI disk to a Tadpole 3000st Sparcbook but without any success.  Here's what I did:

- Physically connected the Segate 2.1 GB SCSI-2 hard disk on SCSI ID 5.  There was an existing HP CD-Writer on ID 6.

- Did a probe-scsi and both the CD-Writer and the new disk were reported.

- Did a boot -r to remake the devices.

- Ran format to format the new device.

The new disk did not appear in the list of available devices to format.  Only the internal IDE disk appeared.  It did not appear that the device had been created in /dev/dsk, I would have expected a device something like c0t0d5s0.
Unfortunately the SPARCbook is still at the customer site so I can't experiment with it.  Can anyone shed some light on what I've done wrong?

Thanks,
Colm.