[SPARCbook] 3c589D?

Rainer Canavan canavan at triton.informatik.uni-bonn.de
Sat Apr 8 11:19:51 CDT 2000

> On Sat, 8 Apr 2000, Rainer Canavan wrote:
>
> > Ok, now I have a 3com 589D, and it doesn't seem to work. On bootup, (boot
> > -rv) it's said to be in slot -175453445 (instead of 0 or 1), and
> > ifconfig pcelx or pcelx0 complains about the absence of the device...
>
> Just curious. Are you running the tadpole packages and fixes? If not: I
> suggest you install them and try again.

Of course. All of them, afaik. I should also have mentioned that
pcmcia modems, serial cards and the calluna cards work as expected.

I have found that modinfo (?) says that then pcelx kernel module was loaded,
but ifconfig still complains. Maybe I'll try with a /etc/host.pcelx (or what
was the name? the corresponding one to host*.le0).

> > Anyone with succes with the 3c589D, or is the C and B variant the only one
> > supported?
>
> I'll have to see what type my friend uses in his unit.
>
> Hugo.

Rainer