[SPARCbook] Want to buy/fix: Sparcbook 3GS/3GX (internal power / backlight)

Hugo.van.der.Kooij at caiw.nl Hugo.van.der.Kooij at caiw.nl
Tue Dec 21 15:19:42 CST 1999

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Sunder wrote:

> Sunder wrote:
> >
> > I don't claim at all that this will help you fix it, but it sounds suspiciously
> > like a diode bridge having one of it's four diodes broken.  I had that happen
>

> Silly me. This is what a diode bridge looks like:
>
>   -               AC
>    \              /
>     +----|<]-----+
>     |            |
>     |            |
>     -            -
>     V            A
>     -            -
>     |            |
>     |            |
>     +----[>|-----+
>    /              \
>   AC               +

It should be:

   -               AC
    \              /
     +----|>]-----+
     |            |
     |            |
     -            -
     V            V
     -            -
     |            |
     |            |
     +----[>|-----+
    /              \
   AC               +

Before anyone attempts to do anything based on the original. (After all
those years in school learning all the nice things about semiconductors
and such shouldn't be wasted.)

Hugo.

PS: Modern classical music sounds much like they suffer from a bad
semiconductor.

hvdkooij at caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Use of any of my email addresses for unsollicited (commercial)
    email is a clear intrusion of my privacy and illegal!