[SPARCbook] Solaris Xsun problems

Michael Wolfson mw at ee.cornell.edu
Tue Dec 21 13:20:11 CST 1999

Howdy,

I'm having some troubles getting my Solaris 2.6 3GX (with tadpole patches)
to display in 32 bit X-Windows.  It works fine in 8 or 16 bit mode, but
when I fbconfig -m 4, it only displays yellow flashy stuff (this is true
when I do fbconfig -m 5 and plug it into an external monitor).

Is this a hardware problem, can everyone else get 32 bpp to work?

Also, I was wondering if anyone figured out how to put the display in
'emulated' mode to get 1600x1200 display size.  I could do this with
the Solaris 2.5.1 that came on the machine (from Ross Pennington) using
NCE, but I don't have NCE with 2.6.

Thanks,
  -- MW