[SPARCbook] Changed MAC address / Can't boot normally

Markus Mayer mmayer at iname.com
Sat Dec 18 08:13:42 CST 1999

Hi,

> Go to the open-boot prompt and set things up again. You lost some
> important settings. At least the host id and boot step has been cleared
> as you found out.
>
> Hugo.

I'd happily do this if I just had the slightest idea of what to change. The
boot-device is set up correctly (otherwise the 'boot'-command would not
work).

I tried resetting everything to the factory-defaults -- it didn't help.
Neither the 'Technical Reference' nor the 'User's Guide' mention this
problem.

May be somebody can give me a hint. Thanks.

Markus