[SPARCbook] Watchdog Reset

George Kupfer sparcbook at theleftcoast.net
Sat Dec 18 12:02:54 CST 1999

Howdy:
I was loading the y2k and sun recommended patches last night, and noticed
my 3GX seemed to be hung, the display was blank (screensaver on) and the |
bar was rotating in the LCD display. I tried to suspend the machine but no
joy. Went to sleep, got up this morn and same thing,... pause o, pause a,
punch little button with paperclip, nada. Unplug machine, unplug battery;
replug; viola' watchdog reset. Punch buttons, punch paperclip thingy, nada.
Take out hard drive, take out ram,... same thing. Power light comes on and
machine beeps once then Watchdog Reset on LCD. Any Ideas? Patches kill it?
It was the sun recommended patches I wuz running; the y2k had already been
installed,... Oh yeah os is 2.6 with tadpole patches,...

Thanks
gtk