[SPARCbook] Re: Solaris 7

Ken Hansen khansen at pluto.njcc.com
Wed Dec 15 12:40:10 CST 1999

That Solaris 7 is available is great news (IMHO)
since that shows the laptop is still a viable
platform as far as Tadpole is concerned.

It is curious to me that Solaris 7 is $100 less than
Solaris 2.6, but I guess they were able to strike
a better deal with Sun now that Sun is giving away
non-commercial Solaris distributions...

The transfer of ownership is probably a simple
database update, not much else, but if Tadpole
were to get a unit to be fixed, they probably check
the DB for ownership and if they have a "sale" on
accessories/software, they can target the mailing
properly.

Nice to have, but not a big deal, IMHO.

Thanks for sharing the note,

Ken