[SPARCbook] Re: Solaris 7

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Dec 15 12:30:01 CST 1999

On Wed, Dec 15, 1999 at 11:25:39AM -0700, Jeff wrote:
> The cool part was how he transfered ownership to me..
> You guys think this is BS too?
> Jeff

Nope.  When I first bought a SPARCbook from Ross (back when he was selling them
for $1k), I contacted the local Tadpole office which happened to be here in
Austin at the time.  The guy who I spoke to not only transferred ownership of
the machine to me (basically just changed the "owner" entry in his database),
he even gave me a free 1-year hardware service contract/warranty, and an
AUI adapter cable when I stopped by their office with the laptop.

However, now that Tadpole and RDI have merged, they closed down the Austin
office, and the cool guys that worked there were laid off. 8-(  So, no more
cool freebies from Tadpole.

Myself, I had to sell my SPARCbook(s) about four months ago to make the
initial down payment on my truck.. If anybody has a 3GS that they'll sell
cheap back to the SunHELP project, please let me know, as I'd like to
have a SPARCbook again.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford   *   mrbill at mrbill.net    /   http://www.mrbill.net