[SPARCbook] Re: Solaris 7

Jeff elslooj at goldeninter.net
Wed Dec 15 12:25:39 CST 1999

Yo,
Sorry for that, just felt like saying yo.... ANYWAY...
I was bitching at Tadpole about Soalris 7 wekk or so ago, and the guy that I talked to, said
that he sell's Sparcbook 3's every day and it includes Solaris 7.  This is odd to me, but he
did say that they were going to put the patches on the ftp site in around 10 months.  Here's
the message that I got from him..  kinda sounds like BS but...

Jeff,

Thank you for the serial number. Please forward your contact information and I will transfer
ownership
of the SPARCbook to you. Tadpole-RDI SPARCbooks require a proprietary OS disk hence the price
of
$450.00 for Solaris 2.6 and $350.00 for Solaris 7. We don't sell the drivers and patches as a
stand alone item. The Drivers are loaded on top of Sun's load and are not a seperate disk.
We have placed the T-RDI drivers for Solaris 2.6 3/98 and 5/98 on our FTP server for free
download
We will not offer Solaris 7 driver downloads for 9-10 months because I still sell SPARCbooks
everyday
as well as software contracts that include free OS upgrades.
It makes it hard to sell upgrades if its free. I realize you only sent $400.00 on the
SPARCbook and
that was a great deal but the systems display alone is worth more that. The price of unix
portability
is high but the payoff is alot higher.
That system you have sold for 15K.

The cool part was how he transfered ownership to me..  You guys think this is BS too?

Jeff