[rescue] SunBlade 1500 & SSD disk

ag at computer.org ag at computer.org
Mon Apr 30 02:05:02 CDT 2018

Hi David,

I can't comment on a SunBlade 1500 and PATA SSDs, but I do have an
Ultra-45 (1600MHz UltraSPARC-III), into which I've successfully
installed a SATA SSD.BB  I've used it under both Solaris-10u10 and Debian
Linux.BB  Performance was much better.BB  After maxing out the RAM, the
SSD was the upgrade with the next-greatest impact.

Linux identifies my controller as "LSISAS1064 A3, FwRev=01080300h,
Ports=1, MaxQ=511, IRQ=11"

Oh yes, this controller also came with the correct FCode to boot Solaris
and Linux off the SSD.BB  Thanks, Sun!

--
Andrew Gaylard | 083-327-1363