[rescue] SunBlade 1500 & SSD disk

Patrick Giagnocavo xemacs5 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 16:16:09 CDT 2018

a PATA SSD disk should give you greatly reduced latency; so on a bunch
of small random writes, performance should be a lot better.  A 64GB
PATA SSD should be about $80; a 128GB, about $120.

For sustained large writes you might not see quite as much of an
improvement on performance.

One nice bonus would be that it should be very quiet.