[rescue] What version of Solaris for V120?

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Tue Jul 18 17:28:10 CDT 2017

Phil beat me to the punch on this one, but he is absolutely correct.

Entropy has to come from somewhere, and historically, that has always come from
/dev/random and /dev/urandom , at least on Unix and Unix-clone type systems.

I'm the first to admit I'm far from being knowledgeable in this area, aside from
parroting the standard resolutions from over the last decade +.

I'm (personally) only really aware of (2) ssh implementations applicable here,
the original ssh software that ultimately evolved into the commercial offering
from www.ssh.com , then the fork, originating from (I believe) 1.2.27, that is
now OpenSSH generously provided by the kind OpenBSD group.

Most other offerings, such as SunSSH (now depreciated in Solaris 11+), is a fork
of OpenSSH.

I have seen (in writing) /dev/random implementations that pull entropy from an
external device, but IMHO, that really is not scaleable, or usable by most
people like us, i.e. hobbyist on old Sun hardware.

I know I would be interested about alternate implementation from anyone on the list.

Jerry