[rescue] Solaris Studio

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Sun Jul 16 18:17:47 CDT 2017

On 07/16/17 04:59 PM, William Barnett-Lewis wrote:

> The problem I have is that I don't see any way to set up the
> repository on my system while building Express 11 on it much less on
> my primary linux laptop as it seems (incorrectly to me?) to be quite
> Solaris specific and I don't have any other Sun hardware. Thus I
> thought that perhaps if I burned the files to a DL DVD, I'd be able to
> point it at it for at least long enough to get the GUI & everything
> else in it installed.
>
> Prior to this my last "new" Sun was a 100 running Solaris 7. :) Thank
> you for your time, thoughts & patience.

ah, understood.

Pre-Solaris 11/pre-opensolaris, I've seen Jumpstart server set up on Mac OS X.
I'm the first to admit I really haven't explored outside the basic repository setup.

have you considered adding a Solaris 11 Express VM on top of your linux laptop,
i.e. VirtualBox, VM Ware client, etc???

There is always some option out there that can be made to work.