[rescue] Solaris Studio

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 15:08:40 CDT 2017

On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 6:17 PM, Jerry Kemp <sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us> wrote:

> have you considered adding a Solaris 11 Express VM on top of your linux
> laptop, i.e. VirtualBox, VM Ware client, etc???

Today is my day off so I did some experimenting.

I learned that my laptop doesn't have anywhere near enough power to
handle running Virtual Box as a publisher. Just came to a crawl even
with 8 gb on board. I found some DL DVD blanks & burned the repository
iso to one. Reinstalled the text mode base of Express 2010_11 and am
not copying via tar the contents of the DVD to /export/repo2010_11
Once that's done, I'll point the package system at that filesystem and
see what happens.

Once that's done, I need to figure out how to add my usb 500 gb drive
to the filesystem & if I can install the Firefox 52 package for
Solaris 10 that I found so I can have an almost current browser.  :)
Ah, I'm having fun again!

> There is always some option out there that can be made to work.

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is
whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.