[rescue] Sun NVRAM Battery Replacement

Lyle Bickley lbickley at bickleywest.com
Wed Oct 14 11:53:27 CDT 2015

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 09:54:12 -0500 (CDT)
Jonathan Patschke <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:

> With the recent talk of NVRAM hacking and a friend asking me for my photos
> of the repair job I did on my U80, I thought I'd share with you folks my
> photos illustrating how easy it is to replace the NVRAM chip's battery
> with a coin-cell holder.
>
> After you've done a couple, it takes almost no time at all.
>
> The photos and my commentary are here:
>
>          http://jonathan.celestrion.net/photos/nvram-hack/

Thanks! Had seen this written up before - but your pictures were very helpful - and your idea of using the top and centerline of the NVRAM carrier as a guide in knowing how to best "partition" the battery from the chip is a great help.

Cheers,
Lyle
--
73      AF6WS