[rescue] Sun NVRAM Battery Replacement

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Oct 14 09:54:12 CDT 2015

With the recent talk of NVRAM hacking and a friend asking me for my photos
of the repair job I did on my U80, I thought I'd share with you folks my
photos illustrating how easy it is to replace the NVRAM chip's battery
with a coin-cell holder.

After you've done a couple, it takes almost no time at all.

The photos and my commentary are here:

         http://jonathan.celestrion.net/photos/nvram-hack/

--
Jonathan Patschke | "Right now, computers, which are supposed to be our
Elgin, TX         |  servant, are oppressing us."