[rescue] Memory upgrade in Dell PowerEdge 2560

Chad Fernandez chad.fernandez at att.net
Wed May 27 16:50:54 CDT 2015

On 05/27/2015 08:16 AM, Raymond Wiker wrote:
> I've actually had problems with memory that was too fast for the
> computer... does the memory match the stated requirements?

The computer was rated for PC2100, and I have PC2700, which is
"faster".  However from what I read it shouldn't make a difference. The
PC2700 is newer and is simply rated to handle the faster speed, it's not
faster in of itself.  It's supposed to be backwards compatible.  I
bought the PC2700 because it was a big name brand (Micron) at a good
price, in a quantity sufficient to max out the server.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA