[rescue] Memory upgrade in Dell PowerEdge 2560

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue May 26 19:29:40 CDT 2015

In my experience, (knock on wood) the seller has rarely asked me to send a bad
stick back.

Maybe I just don't buy very expensive memory.

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 26, 2015, at 19:48, Chad Fernandez <chad.fernandez at att.net> wrote:
>
> Well, I upgraded to the A21 bios successfully, after battling with a
marginal floppy drive or marginal disks, on an old XP machine, at work.  It
did nothing for my problem that I can tell.  However, I have made progress.  I
decided to test each memory stick individually.  I found two of the eight will
be recognized, and and only one of those two will work in the first memory
slot.  If I keep both in the computer, that second stick seems to generate an
error on the panel, even though it's recognized by the bios and Centos.  I
removed it.

> So after purchasing 16gb of memory, I have 2gb working.  Fantastic, I can't
wait to deal with the seller on this.

> This memory is used, and purchased cheaply.  On one hand I understand that
testing memory would be  a hassle and possibly not any kind of guarantee to
only pass good memory.  On the other hand, I still need to have good memory
show up at my door whatever the price happens to be.  I have a feeling the
seller is going to want me to ship the memory back at my cost before he will
ship another batch of working memory (or possibly not working), making me his
QC at my cost.