[rescue] VirtualBox anecdotes - was Re: A wee bit off-topic

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Jun 23 13:47:10 CDT 2015

On Sun, 21 Jun 2015, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> For myself, I find Windows very useful, for using PuTTY to connect to my
> Unix-boxen.

Windows has turned into a Damned Fine Operating System in the post-Ballmer
age.  The implementation has finally caught up with the elegance of the
API, and the new APIs are even nicer in their own right.

I'm seriously considering carrying a notebook running Windows 10 as my
primary work environment, now that Apple's absolutely refused to make a
portable computer that suits my needs.

Fortunately(?) the sort of thing Apple does make is just what the current
crop of consumers wants, so Microsoft have an actual impetus to release
something that isn't a steaming pile.  I'm used to being forced onto a
different OS every few years, anyway.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "Right now, computers, which are supposed to be our
Elgin, TX         |  servant, are oppressing us."