[rescue] Extra Sun CPU available?

John Carr jcarr at poethecat.com
Tue Jan 20 16:14:59 CST 2015

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 07:40:41PM +0000, Peter Stokes wrote:
> Hi
> According to the handbook, so long as the OBP is a later one, late Rev 3.11 or
> later than that is a supported config.
> If you need any more info let me know

Interesting... In both NetBSD & linux, I'm getting kernel panics due
to timing issues, so even if it's a supported configuration, either
linux or NetBSD don't love it (and, no, I haven't installed Solaris
on it yet to confirm. :) ). I'm wondering if it's just a problem with
one of the two processors then. It's been running off of the 501-4781
for a year now without issue... maybe I'll swap them out and see if it
goes belly-up after running for awhile with just the 501-5129.

thanks for the info though.