[rescue] Trying to rescue a Sun Ultra 45

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Tue Jan 14 11:04:20 CST 2014

Hi Sean

Just to confirm you get no output from the serial console before it powers
down?

I have seen issues with the fans in the psu being reported as faulty, when
they are not, pull the small black lead from the PSU to the motherboard to see
if that makes a difference.

Alternative is that something is crowbar'ing the PSU, so unplug the disk
backplane and the main fans to see if it makes a difference.

Peter
Peter Stokes
Ashlyn Computer Services
Tel: 01636 627990