[rescue] Dell Mini 9 SSD?

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Fri Dec 20 20:12:13 CST 2013

All,
I do some refurbishment for the Twin Cities Free Geek - mostly Mac/Apple
stuff, but today they passed me a Dell Mini 9 netbook that turns out to
be missing the PCI-E SSD. These came in 4GB, 8GB and 16GB versions from
Dell, and there are some aftermarket choices as well. Machine seems to
work well otherwise.
Truth is they likely can't sell a working machine for more than $40.00 or
so, and replacements on that auction site start at around half that, so
before I decide whether I will "donate" the purchase of the correct part
I'd check and see if anyone has an organ donor machine that could provide
the correct part for a nominal price. If you had the AC adaptor to spare
as well that would be a bonus.
A shot in the dark, I know, but I figured it was worth it to ask.
TIA,
Steve