[rescue] Sparc Classic & IPX rescue

Steven M Jones smj+rescue at crash.com
Sat Dec 14 22:49:38 CST 2013

On 12/14/2013 06:56 PM, Fred wrote:
> I'd like to run something Solaris-ish.  Is this even legal? Sure, I could run
> NetBSD, Linux, or OpenBSD, but that's too easy.  I'd like to stay "in the
> period" if I can ...

I believe the rule from Sun was that you've got a binary license to run
whatever OS shipped with the system, so far as licensing goes.

But from what you wrote, I assume when you say Solaris-ish you mean
Solaris 2.x? These systems shipped with SunOS 4.x unless I'm badly
mistaken. How is another flavor of BSD less period-correct than the SVR4
of Solaris 2.x?

--S.