[rescue] Sparc Classic & IPX rescue

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Sun Dec 15 10:21:07 CST 2013

Hi Fred

If you want to stay in the period, then you need to run, from memory, Sunos
4.x and Openview or Solaris 1.x.

As to legal status, no real idea, we always traded on these systems as having
a lifetime licence for the version they were currently licensed to, but the
idea of someone from Oracle getting uptight about it, especially for home use,
is so unlikely as to be laughable. having said that I am sure that an official
permission to run could be sought and given from someone within Oracle, though
I would not want to estimate how long it might take given how long they take
to give quotes for new kit out....

Peter