[rescue] Happy New Year! RIP, Sun/Solaris...

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Jan 5 10:17:21 CST 2011

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 09:12:15AM -0600, Dr Robert Pasken wrote:
>A quck search of Ebay shows lots of buy-it-now pci sata cards for
>under $5. These cards use the VIA chipset. A quick search of the
>linux forums show the via based cards work fine. A quck google search
>shows that the via based cards also work under solaris-x86

A useable search, e.g. on price plus postage yeilds a different story.

If I expect to actually receive it, I need to pay at least $25 in postage.

UPS, FEDEX or DHL will be at least $50, plus I would have to pay 17% tax
on the total of the items, shipping, customs clearing fees, etc.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.