[rescue] Happy New Year! RIP, Sun/Solaris...

Dr Robert Pasken rpasken at eas.slu.edu
Wed Jan 5 09:12:15 CST 2011

A quck search of Ebay shows lots of buy-it-now pci sata cards for under
$5. These cards use the VIA chipset. A quick search of the linux forums
show the via based cards work fine. A quck google search shows that the
via based cards also work under solaris-x86

A search for adaptec branded cards show that the raid cards are expensive
(in my mind) at fiftyish dollars, but simple 2 and 4 port cards are about
$10. I did find a couple AHA-1205sa for under $5

Cheers
RWP