[rescue] Sun Hardware going for nowt (UK)

Lex Landa brooknet at imap.cc
Wed Aug 24 18:55:27 CDT 2011

Hello M-J,

Hi and sorry for the slow response, which is due to my not having a clue
how to use this Evolution mail client (I keep losing great bunches of
mails and then finding them again, two weeks later).

On Fri, 2011-08-19 at 16:01 +0100, Michael-John Turner wrote:

> I'm almost certain I have a few spare SBus video cards in my parts box, if
> you're still looking. I'll have a look this weekend and let you know.
> Anything else you're looking for Sun-wise?

Weeeelll... for a long time, I've been trying to get a replacement PSU
for this 630MP, but they are either very expensive or located in the US,
where the cost of mailing such a bulky device would be more than it is
worth.  I'm trying to keep the computer working, while also having some
use for it.  It's also good to be able to show my cousin that his
computer is still working, whenever he visits to check on its current
state.  It seems to require a little more care than a modern computer,
but it's a good ol' thing and its performance isn't too bad, considering
its age.

I am interested in compatible video cards, and perhaps audio cards.  It
has the standard SUN ISDN 8 kHz audio.

Lex