[rescue] Sun Hardware going for nowt (UK)

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Aug 24 20:23:57 CDT 2011

" From: Lex Landa <brooknet at imap.cc>
"
" []
"
" Weeeelll... for a long time, I've been trying to get a replacement PSU
" for this 630MP, but they are either very expensive or located in the US,
" where the cost of mailing such a bulky device would be more than it is
" worth.

you could probably easily r&r that psu by replacing all the caps - cap
aging is a commpn problem - but you aren't sounding like a handy
person.  right?

" I am interested in compatible video cards, and perhaps audio cards.  It
" has the standard SUN ISDN 8 kHz audio.

pre-isdn att m-law http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-law_algorithm

it doesn't have 16-bit stereo out like all the other m-bus [and later]
systems?