[rescue] AX1105 CD boot troubles.

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Mon Feb 15 10:12:59 CST 2010

Charles Monett wrote:
> Getting this consistently from a AX1105 board when trying any sort of
> optical media, specifically what should be bootable media (Solaris 10
> bootable DVD, OpenSolaris bootables, Linux CD's):
>
> Version report:
> Netra AX1105-500 (UltraSPARC-IIe 500MHz), No Keyboard
> OpenBoot 4.0, 1536 MB memory installed, Serial #[redacted]
> Ethernet address [redacted], Host ID: [redacted].
>
> ok boot cdrom -s
> Boot device: /pci at 1f,0/pci at 1,1/ide at d/cdrom at 2,0:f  File and args: -s
> Evaluating: boot
> The file just loaded does not appear to be executable.

I dimly recall running into this with an AX1105 I have.

I think I fixed it by netbooting instead of mucking around with it.
However it could be that the ROM just doesn't do a good job of
understanding ANY variance from the combination of CD drive and CDR
media.  If you can, netboot it and be happy.

--Patrick