[rescue] AX1105 CD boot troubles.

Charles Monett camonett at woh.rr.com
Sun Feb 14 20:46:18 CST 2010

Getting this consistently from a AX1105 board when trying any sort of
optical media, specifically what should be bootable media (Solaris 10
bootable DVD, OpenSolaris bootables, Linux CD's):

Version report:
Netra AX1105-500 (UltraSPARC-IIe 500MHz), No Keyboard
OpenBoot 4.0, 1536 MB memory installed, Serial #[redacted]
Ethernet address [redacted], Host ID: [redacted].

ok boot cdrom -s
Boot device: /pci at 1f,0/pci at 1,1/ide at d/cdrom at 2,0:f  File and args: -s
Evaluating: boot
The file just loaded does not appear to be executable.

Media is fine reading in other drives, and the discs & data are indeed
good.  I've tried other drives, other media, removed expansion cards,
swapped cables(all 80pin grounded as specified in the manual), and moved
around the jumpers(from other AX1105 thread), but to no avail.  Since
it's that old of OBP, I can't just wanboot my way around afaik.