[rescue] AX1105 CD boot troubles.

Charles Monett camonett at woh.rr.com
Fri Feb 26 09:41:15 CST 2010

Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> I dimly recall running into this with an AX1105 I have.
> I think I fixed it by netbooting instead of mucking around with it.
> However it could be that the ROM just doesn't do a good job of
> understanding ANY variance from the combination of CD drive and CDR
> media.  If you can, netboot it and be happy.
>
> --Patrick

Was going through my memory, and it ended up being a memory issue.  It
was good enough to do the memory count & test with a certain pair of
512MB PC133 ECC Registered, but not enough to boot.  Once those memory
sticks were removed, it netbooted just fine. Same w/ the DVD-RW.

That board must have been more picky than the Netfinity(PIII) that it
came from - since those modules were fine in it.