[rescue] Looking for Sun 4/110 FPU

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Thu Dec 16 18:09:02 CST 2010

On Dec 16, 2010, at 3:55 PM, pete wrote:

> I just got a 4/110 but, the poor thing is missing the fpu stuff. Does anyone
have a bad 4/110 board they can send me the 3 chips off of or even another
whole 4/110 motherboard ?

I don't, but it's worth pointing out that the 4/110 board shipped in at least
the following configurations, half of them without FPU:

501-1199, 501-1512	8 MB w/o FPU
501-1237, 501-1513	8 MB with FPU
501-1462, 501-1514	16 MB w/o FPU
501-1463, 501-1515	16 MB with FPU
501-1464, 501-1516	32 MB w/o FPU
501-1465, 501-1517	32 MB with FPU

There were also at least two different FPUs. The 501-1384 FPU2 is supported
only on the 501-151x boards. The FPU4 may also have been possible for a third
option, but I'm not sure about that.

ok
bear.

--