[rescue] Looking for Sun 4/110 FPU

pete leaknoil at charter.net
Thu Dec 16 17:55:34 CST 2010

I just got a 4/110 but, the poor thing is missing the fpu stuff. Does
anyone have a bad 4/110 board they can send me the 3 chips off of or
even another whole 4/110 motherboard ?

I imagine most 4/110 were probably scrapped by now but, I thought I'd
ask. It just looks kind of naked without them. There are two small chips
and a big honking Fujitu one that make up the set I think.  Wasn't there
an fpu accelerator for these that didn't really make things any faster ?
I seem to remember installing one once. A small board that plugged into
the socket the Fujitsu FPU once lived.

Hmm now that I think about it wasn't the fpu disabled on these by
Solaris because it was so buggy ? Still I'd like them for looks.