[rescue] Mac IIfx compatible NuBus video card.

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 16:54:42 CDT 2009

Well what had happened is the hard disk went bad, so I went to swap in
another. With no disc connected, within a few seconds the floppy-disc
question icon would appear. So, I plug in the new drive, hit the power
switch and "Bong" then... "Sad mac chimes." Turns out the drive I
swapped in hates life and is dead.

But now, when I hit power, I get the bong, the floppies eject, then nothing.

What fault do you think this could be? I'm scared the thing is fried,
and out of my element as Mac II boxes aren't my cup of tea
hardware-wise. More comfortable with SGI boxen.

Thanks,

-- Ian

P.S. Tried reseating and removing a bank of ram already. Also reseated the ROM.