[rescue] SS 10 question and Ultra 10 question

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Jul 30 10:24:31 CDT 2009

" From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
"
" nate at portents.com wrote:
" > While it's not cheap at $80, Acard makes a SCSI to SATA adapter, the
" > AEC-7730.  I've been eyeing it for a couple of years (mostly because I
" > think it would be fun to outfit classic machines with SATA... imagine a
" > Mac SE/30 with a hard drive over 100GB!)  I haven't been able to justify
" > the cost... but it is an option.
"
" Would an SE/30 *format* a 100GB disk before some component in the
" machine died from old age?  And would a MacOS version that will run on
" an SE/30 recognize a disk that big anyway?

curious minds want to know...	;^>