[rescue] Small Cheap Linux Board??

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Thu Dec 17 23:12:24 CST 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 12:04:53AM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> I wonder how the Supermicro Atom X7SLA-H MB would have fared:
>
> Mfg link: http://supermicro.com/products/motherboard/ATOM/945/X7SLA.cfm?typ=H
>
> Newegg link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813182205&Tpk=x7sla-h
>
> It has the dual core 330 Atom CPU with two on-board Realtek Gigabit
> ports, a PCI slot and two PCI-Express slots, on 8x and one 4x slot in
> a slightly larger form factor... It runs about $50 more than the
> D945GCLF2 ($139 vs $89).

I would take them more seriously if they would respin that board with
the Ion chipset so that we could get 4 gigs of RAM.  And more seriously
still if they would add support for ECC memory.

Still, I'd try one of those SuperMicro boards if I could find more
confirmation of them working well with Solaris.