[rescue] OBP Question

alex at lava-net.com alex at lava-net.com
Mon Aug 3 10:33:24 CDT 2009

Hi,
I read some documentation somewhere (I can no longer find it
unfortunately) that said that Opensolaris 2009.06 (the first version
to support Sparc) required at least OBP 4.1.18, which would have
prevented me from running it on my Ultra 10 thus the search for a
newer Sun system.
On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 11:25:06AM -0400, Joshua Boyd
wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 11:18:41AM -0400, alex at lava-net.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> > What is the best way to find what is the latest OBP available for a
> > particular machine? The document I read on how to find these says just
> > to search Sunsolve for "flash update" and look for your platform, but
> > some of the results are misleading.  I'm trying to determine if I can
> > run the latest opensolaris 2009.06 on a Blade 150, but I'm having
> > trouble finding the latest OBP that system supports.
> > Thanks for any help.
>
> Why would you expect to need a new OBP to run OpenSolaris 2009.06 on a
> blade 150?
>
> I've never had to upgrade OBP to run Solaris Express.  I currently have
> build 70 on a E250, build 98 on a U80, build 105 on a U5, build 107 on
> E420r, and build 108 on a V100.  I haven't updated OBP on any of those
> machines, and I believe all of them are older than a Blade 150 would
> be.
>
> That said, if you find one OBP update for that platform, I believe it
> will have an Obsoleted by: field, to point you to the next one, if there
> is a next one.
>
> --
> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.